Monday, July 7, 2008

Little Jake Ryan


Donnie went into labor during Dylan's baseball game at about 6:30 on 7/2. This time the labor pains were much more intense than ever before. She had experienced contractions on a few different occations, but this time she knew it was the real thing. She didn't even pull into the garage, she was ready to go to the hospital. I went inside to change my clothes and get our hopital bags together while Aidan urged me to hurry. He was really concerned that we get going. He could tell that Donnie was in pain. He's my sensitive little boy. Once at the hopital, we were hoping to be able to stay. She was only dilated to a 1, but the contractions were really intense and close together, so we were allowed to stay to have our baby. She was in labor for almost 17 hours and not progressing past a 5, so they decided that a c-section was the only way for Jake Ryan to make his way out. It was quite an ordeal, but everyone is safe and healthy. Aidan and Dylan are so excited for Jake Ryan to be here and so are we. He was born on 7/3/08 at 11:11 a.m. and was 7 lbs. 13 oz. and 20.5 inches.

5 comments:

Ace said...

Congratulations Ben! He's a beautiful looking boy. And welcome to the blogging world!

The Beniks said...

Ben- Jake Ryan is yet another handsome Wiseman!! Congrats! If you ever need a baby smotherer you know where to find me...
Way to go on the blog! I told you it was easy :) Keep the pics coming!!

Alexis said...

Can I just tell you how excited I was when I found out you guys have a blog? Does that make me sad? I don't care! Yay for Jake! I'm so excited that Alivia has a cousin close to her age. Let me know if you guys need any dinners! I'm really good at ordering whatever take out you guys want! I hope Donnie's feelin better and able to walk around a little more!

Amy W. said...

I'm super jazzed about the arrival of little Jake! I cannot get enough of those lengthy locks. His blonde faux hawk is bomb!

Andrea Wiseman said...

I too am very excited you guys have a block so we can keep in touch better We're excited to meet him Thanksgiving-it'll be a baby fest-hopefully we'll be giving thanks in Tahoe! Congratulations!!